REPOSTED FROM MY THOUGHTS (email@example.com/haroldshawjr.com)
- IF OPPORTUNITY KNOCKs–I AM NOT READY
- WHERE HAVE I BEEN? WHERE AM I GOING?
- FINDING YOUR DREAM JOB – WHAT IS THE FIRST STEP?
- FINDING A DREAM JOB–CAREER INTEREST SURVEYS
- MY DREAM JOB – PART 4
- DREAM JOB PREPARATION – PART 5
- DREAM JOB PREPARATION – PART 6
- DREAM JOB PREPARATION – PART 7 JOB SKILL SUMMARY
- MY DREAM JOB – WHAT WILL IT LOOK LIKE?
The next thing that I need to do is take online Career Assessment surveys to see what the “standardized” testing shows me about my interests.
There are no surprises in any of these career interest surveys, I like interacting with people and enjoy being able to help others when possible. That is probably why I did so well as a teacher. That I have the lowest interest in detail oriented/methodical work is no surprise to me and may be part of the reason I find my present job stressful (contract management is very high on the detail oriented requirement).
I have completed two of the recommended things the “experts” say that I need to do to get ready to find my “dream job”. This research has made a couple of things much more clear to me about a couple of things already, that I hadn’t considered when reflecting on my work performance and why my stress level is so high.
Next up I will be a review of my skills and experience.
This work by Harold L. Shaw, Jr. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.