It has been a busy month for me at “A Veteran Runnah” and best of all my running is really starting to take shape with a few longer runs here and there, plus the occasional faster for me runs.
The hardest part has been reining myself back, to not try to do too much too quickly, just because I am feeling great while running and I want to do even more – especially the speed work. So that has really been a battle for me.
Part of why I was so busy was trying to get “A Veteran Runnah” going in the direction I want it to go. Unfortunately, this meant that I had to move from Blogger to WordPress.com, I hadn’t originally thought that I would do this, but found it necessary. I always liked Blogger, but I couldn’t get “AVR” to look the way or completely do what I wanted with the themes I wanted to use. Those were the main reasons for the blog host change.
Making the decision to move your blog is tough because you do have a certain amount of “love” for your current blog and the work that you have put into it thus far. You know no matter how much you try to publicize/let everyone know you that you have moved, you will lose readers and your stats will tank for a while. The move itself is almost done, I have just 40 more posts to update/edit and boy will I be happy when I get that last post updated.
The actual move is pretty straight forward and can be done within a couple of hours (or less) if you are willing to start from scratch. There is a lot more involved to moving if you want to bring old posts forward to your new blog – that part is a pain in the butt. Which is what I did and why I am still working on moving more than a week later.
I hope that you like the new look as much as I do, if you notice anything that isn’t working or doesn’t look quite, right please let me know.
Let’s get to talking about January and how my running is going in the new year – enough about moving.
How Was January?
January has been the time for the “doing” part of all those resolutions that we made on New Year’s Day and so far I have done very well on my resolutions. Dad had a bad heart attack and was in the hospital for a while, so that made it for some stressful times during that time and yes running helped me to deal with those stresses. He is home now and feeling pretty good I also did find out I will be a grandfather for the 4th time, our first girl. Other than that January has been a very quiet month. 😉
Running In January
- Miles Run: 111.1
- Days Run: 27
- Days Off: 04
- Longest Run: 8.19 miles on 1/30/12
- Fastest Run: 7:42 pace for 3.2 miles on 1/17/12
- Best Week: 26.6
- Miles walked: 90.98 – added in to show that I do more than just run
Shoes Run In
- Saucony Peregrine
- Brooks Ravenna
- Nike Air Flow (My go fast shoes)
- Saucony Pro Grid Propel
33rd Annual January Thaw 4.5 Race, Belgrade, Maine
Summary: We (yes TheWife too) sent our application in to join the Central Maine Striders running club. Haven’t heard back yet, but hope they let us in. I went over 100 miles for the month so I have accomplished 1/12 of my annual goal of 1200 miles. I even had a run where I broke the broke the 8:00 barrier in a training run, it felt pretty damn good when it finally happened. Now I just have to get in good enough shape that most of my training runs occur sub 8:00 pace, with an occasional sub 7:00 thrown in 🙂
This month in a word: Consistent
- Is Barefoot Running Right for Me?
- Brain Training For Runners – Book Review
- Runners Have You Really Looked At Your Blog Lately?
- Running is What We Do
- Running Log Spreadsheet Template
- Goat Head Sole Spikes Review
- The 33rd Annual January Thaw 4.5 Mile Road Race
- Old Running Shoes – New Uses
- Running to Run Isn’t Enough Anymore
- Karma and My Blog’s Theme Review
WordPress.com top 10 for January
- Does a Faster Cadence Help?
- For Guys Only – Ladies You Won’t Be Interested
- Are You Courteous to Fellow Runners
- Shut Up + Run: Virtual Run for Sherry Arnold – February 11, 2012
- Why Run a Marathon?
- How Did the Move to WordPress.com Go?
- Answering 20 Questions About Me
- Today’s Snow/Freezing Rain Photos 1-27-12
- Running the Day after An Ice Storm – 1-28-12
- Tommie Copper Sleeve Review – First Impressions
- Goat Head Sole Spikes
- Tommie Copper Compression Sleeve for knee and calves
- Ruez Performance Underwear
The reality is that