Adaptability is the Key on a Bad Day – 2/4/13
Today was one of those days when, pretty much if things could go wrong they went wrong once I left the house.
- Wallet left on arm of couch, driving no license – luckily didn’t get stopped for anything
- Sam’s Club list left on top of wallet – no list, no wallet = no Sam’s Club
- Phone – left on bed plugged into charger – missed 2 very important phone calls that I wanted to receive, unable to answer important email
Those are a few of the things that I messed up before getting to the gym, to run a hard 5 x 1.0 mile interval workout, so my mind was not focused like it should have been. What should have been a tough workout, turned into – well it was a good thing I am adaptable. Otherwise I probably would have just bagged the workout.
Here was my workout today:
Miles 1-4 were at 1% incline, mile 4-7 at 0% incline.
- 1.0 mile warmup @7.3 mph
- 1.0 mile with mini ladder 0.25 @8.2 mph, 0.25 @8.3 mph, 0.25 @8.4 mph, 0.25 @8.5 mph
- .25 @7.3 mph
- 1.0 mile with mini ladder 0.25 @8.3 mph, 0.25 @8.4 mph, 0.25 @8.5 mph , 0.25 @8.6 mph
- .75 @7.3 mph
- 1.0 @7.4 mph – 5.0
- 1.0 @7.5 mph – 6.0
- 1.0 ladder starting at 7.6 mph, ending at 8.6 mph
Total of 7.0 miles in 54:13. While the run wasn’t bad, I just felt mentally fatigued from all the stuff that had already happened and you know something, I really don’t think that I am still completely recovered from Saturday’s fiasco.
Shoes: Altra Instinct 1.5 – The right foot felt a little uncomfortable on my right foot today.
When I felt around under the tongue area there was enough fabric there to get folded while running and took a little skin off the top of my 2nd and 3rd toes. I went in with a pair of scissors and trimmed back the extra fabric
Also my little right toe just felt uncomfortable and I decided to use pair of lock laces that I had in my bottom drawer, which should help with that. I will see how they feel in a run tomorrow.
Socks: Swiftwick Aspire 12’s – Since I had planned a tough interval workout – I wanted the calf compression and wore them all afternoon to assist with the recovery, from a tough workout. I have taken to wearing these and the Pursuit calf socks more and more.
Top: Black Nike Compression Top
Bottom: Reebok black compression shorts, Eastbay Orange/black running shorts