What did I learn this week?
- That my running schedule when TheWife takes a week’s vacation, is not the same.
- That running only 3 days in a week felt weird, especially since I could have run and am definitely not injured right now, I am used to running pretty much 6 days a week.
- That not running 4 days this week, probably was a good thing and allowed my body to recuperate a little more than usual. Gotta stay positive.
- I definitely ate way too many whoopie pies, ate too much junk food and definitely drank more soda and in the last 5 days than I have all year and need to get back to eating a lot better this week.
- How much I hate, yes hate shopping for a new to us vehicle, finally after a couple of weeks, we found one that met our needs. A 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee with just over 75,000 miles on it, in the price range we were looking for. It was a little older than we originally was looking for, but after seeing what was available out there, it was a lot better than a lot of the other vehicles we had seen for a much more reasonable price.
The Jeep seems like a nice vehicle and did a good job on our trip to New Hampshire this weekend. However, like any used vehicle, the other people traded it in for a reason, we just have to find out what that reason really was. I just hope that it is not like other Jeeps I have owned and the acronym doesn’t become Just Empty Every Pocket ;-).
- That I for the first time in more than a couple of years, I did not write a blog post for an entire week. It wasn’t that I purposely took a blog vacation, but it just worked out that way. There was a time, not that long ago, that I felt as though a part of my day was incomplete, if I didn’t write at least one blog a day. Strangely I didn’t miss it all that much this week.
It seems the further I get away from doing social media marketing for a living, the less I feel the need to be active in social media, including blogging. I have gotten through the withdrawal stages and moved back to using social media as a tool, instead of needing to be on it 24/7. Which to my way of thinking – is a good thing.
Monday: 6.0/47:40 — Treadmill 6.0 Miler at Champions. I did a hard 10.0 miler on Sunday and was wanting to do a nice steady run and it ended up being a lot better than I thought it could. 1.0 @ 7.2, 1.0 @ 7.3, 1.0 @ 7.4, 1.0 @ 7.5, .25 @ 9.1, .25 @ 7.2, .25 @ 9.1, .25 @ 7.2, 1.0 @ 7.5. It ended up being a shorter progression run with a couple of hard quarters thrown in.
Tuesday: DNR — After 2 pretty hard workouts in a row, my body told me I needed the day off.
Wednesday: 10:0/01:31:04 — River Road 10 Miler. This is sort of a test for me, it is the first time I have run this course since my injury – I haven’t wanted to do it sooner, because of the hills that I have to do on this route.
The hills didn’t really bother me or should I say my Achilles tendon, which is a great sign. It gives me a lot of confidence that I can including more hills into my workouts, so that I can start to get my strength back.
Thursday: DNR — Processing and canning carrots from the garden, I could have gone for a run after we were done, but just didn’t.
Friday: DNR — Took Dakota to NH and left it there. Just didn’t find the time to get in a run, I could have probably, but chose not to.
Saturday: DNR — Drive back from NH and lots of yardwork. Again I could have found time to go for a run, but just didn’t get around to it.
Sunday: 6.76/58:52 — Another one of those chase runs from the house towards Waterville. I ran comfortably and didn’t try to push the pace. I wanted to stay right around 8:40, since I have a tough interval workout planned for tomorrow and ended up with a 8:42, so I was right about where I wanted to be. I got just past Marcoux’s before the wife caught me in the truck.
Skechers GoRun Ride2’s (Orange/Gray) (131.78) — Still are doing great and I not experiencing any problems running in them.
NewBalance 1010 — No trail running this week, but I plan to next week at least once, who knows maybe on Tuesday my rest day will be over at Bond Brook.
The reality is that
I thought that I would probably end up with around 30 miles for the week, but with TheWife on vacation, things didn’t work out the way I planned, which is probably a good thing. I have a feeling that I needed the rest more than the miles.