All things considered, I did better than I thought I did.
Although when I finished the race and looked at my watch, I was a little disappointed with the time and my effort, but when I got to thinking about it while writing this post – I did just fine.
There were a LOT of positives to take-away from the race!
- Honoring the Fallen – the ringing of the bell after reading the Fallen’s name part of the memorial service was very powerful for me. (just a couple of tears were shed)
- Making it to the starting line today!!! Yes, I had some serious doubts about whether I would, over the past couple of days and even almost left around 9:30 – due to some frustrations I was having – my problems no one else’s.
- It was the fastest I have run a 5K this year – 22:33
- I had a right on pace first mile – 6:39
- I was smart and didn’t push through, when my hamstring started to tighten up after the first mile, I pulled back until it stopped barking really loudly.
- In other words, I finished the race uninjured.
What did I learn: Continue reading “Run for the Fallen 5K – Recap 8-24-14”