Well the final run is done, the hay is in the barn so to speak and it is time to see what my running final stats of 2017 ended up looking like.
Let’s start with what my running goals were for 2017:
• Run 1,800 miles between January 1st and December 31, 2017.
• Run at least one half marathon
• Run a sub 22:00 minute 5K
• Run a sub 6:00 mile
- Weigh under 150
I didn’t meet a single one and looking back on the year that was – that is okay.
What did I end up doing?
Some high points:
- Total miles: 1,343.1
- Total number of runs: 320
- Races: 2
- Longest Running Streak: Two — 21 Day running streaks
- Best Month: April with 153.4 miles
- Worst Month: October with 36.65 miles – I was fighting a bad right hip
- No single pair of running shoes made it to 200 miles
A lot happened in 2017 and I learned a lot about myself and my running, so while I didn’t meet any of those goals, I did make it to my 60th birthday and right now I am running pretty decently. So I am ending the year on a pretty good note.
I am looking forward to having a better year of running in 2018 and will be focusing more on running better – than anything else. I have a feeling if I do that, my running will be just fine.